WELCOME - Let's Look At Life and Rant About It!!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Today With A Hangover ...

Cheap champagne means a cheap headache!

It's 2010 and I'm on the hunt for good-luck kraut and sausage. What I'm not on the lookout for is a New Year's resolution. After years of making promises to anyone who would listen, I think I've found the perfect "fit" in self improvement.

Now, I've tried the "better body" pledges ... eat better, exercise more, blah, blah, blah. No go!

I've tried "fiscal facelifts" ... save more, invest more, blah, dollar sign, blah. Big no go!

Find a stable relationship ... need a significant other with a similar desire. NO GO!

So this year, I've decided on digital development. I've started this blog. The plan is for entries every two or three days, but I'm not gonna beat myself up if I slip up. I'd like to be witty and urbane consistently, but I'm also just gonna focus on the little things in life that have a more subtle meaning, or a hint of human mystery.

My goal is to find a stronger voice and avoid writer's block. See, I work in marketing and public relations, so I write and edit the written word everyday. I'm also a closet novelist. I wrote a book about three young friends caught up in a drug-related adventure. Shopped it around and got less than favorable feedback. Now I'm toying with a new book idea, and I'm hoping this little blog adventure will keep me in fighting form.

We'll see.

POINT OF RANT: Not every resolution has to be grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment