WELCOME - Let's Look At Life and Rant About It!!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Today In My DVD Player ...

I was so bored. My chores were done ... I didn't feel like the gym ... I had no place to be ... I had just finished the book I was reading and didn't feel like I could concentrate on starting a new one ... I was just feeling listless and at a complete loss. So I went over to my media cabinet and started thumbing through my movies and stuff. Drama ... no ... sci-fi ... uh-uh ... period piece ... hardly ever. Then I found a comedy that was passable, so I opened the case to remove the disc and found that I had misfiled the DVD. Instead of a movie, I had a stand-up routine by Joy Koy, a featured guest on E!'s Chelsea Lately show.

If you've never watched the guy, you're missing out. Very genuinely funny ... the kind of guy you know was a class clown and never screws up a joke when he's telling it. He jokes about his mom a bunch, too, which is really funny ... on one special, she was there in the audience taking it all in. And his son is a topic of some pretty funny adventures ... the kind of embarrassment we've all had to deal with from time to time.

Maybe it was divine intervention, but I popped the disc in and suddenly my mood and outlook on life perked up.

POINT OF RANT: Thanks, Jo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment